You probably know that owning your own home can benefit you financially, but did you realize that home ownership also comes with a surprising number of health, wealth and social perks too?
Check out these five ways home ownership could be making your life even better:
1. Homeowners report better psychological and physical health than those who rent.
2. Homeowners are far less likely to become crime victims.
3. Homeowners are more likely to live in neighborhoods with more opportunities for school involvement or participation in neighborhood activities.
4. The average homeowner’s net worth is 35 times that of the average renter.
5. Homeowners bring stability to neighborhoods. They move far less frequently than those who rent and are therefore embedded into the neighborhood and community for a longer period of time.